Sunday, May 6, 2012

this that and a hat

Good day everybody! 
Here are a few pretty things I'd like to share with you on this drizzly Autumn day. 

My Aunty gave me this gorgeous vintage hat. I find vintage hats awfully difficult to wear as they're so often over the top, or extremely tiny, or leave you wondering if it is indeed supposed to be placed on your head. Although this hat is none of those things I'm still not sure I'll ever get up the guts to wear it out as I have an aversion to standing out and I think it would draw unwanted attention.
What do you think? Wearable? Not?
  




 Top was a bargain from Dangerfield and my trusty Umbrella necklace is from Creatures Of The Greenwood By Emgee

Our garden has blessed us with a few lovely roses this week. I wish I could also share the smell with you as it is divine!



 I've been hunting down glass jars like this one. I have two so far, one which houses my tea and this one which doesn't have a rubber ring so will be used for flowers and the like (a cafe that I frequent uses them to serve their fruit salad and muesli in which I think is a really cute idea)
My goal is to rid my pantry of plastic containers and replace them with glass.

Btw.. it's chrysanthemum season!!! Yay!



I often surf the net for healthy living ideas and it seems that all I've been hearing about lately is Coconut products, especially coconut oil and flour. So I finally bought some and have been very pleased with them both. The flour takes a little getting used to as it need to be treated just so to be successful (my first attempt at cooking with it was a disaster resulting in completely un-edible cookies) but once you get the hang of it its very nice. I followed a recipe on the coconut flour packet and the result was AMAZINGLY YUMMY!!! It is gluten, dairy and sugar free but so, so yummy!




I made it once with the hazelnuts and I wasn't crazy for them. I think macadamias would be better. The second time I tried it with 1 cup of mixed berries and 
OH. MY.
So good! Do resist the urge to just pick up the whole cake and bite into it.
Momentarily it would be heaven, but believe me... the richness sets in!
Also, if using frozen berries make sure they are completely defrosted and at room temperature before adding to the mix as coconut oil solidifies at the slightest drop in temperature.
Hope you get a chance to make it one day :)

~Love E xo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hats like that! But I hate wearing them. We all wore old hats and fascinators at work the day of the Royal Wedding and my hat kept falling off all day. I think it was "user error," though.

I love your rose in the teacup! It looks so pretty.

Your cake looks so yummy! If I made that, I'd have to drive 50 miles to a specialty store to retrieve the ingredients!

Mabel
Mabel Time

Unknown said...

That hat is sooo amazing! I would totally wear it!
xo Jac
thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

b and e said...

e,
Don't you look divine! The hat is amazing and looks great with that top! I say just do it and be confident, who cares if people look cause you will look awesome. You don't want to be a prada copy so be YOU!
Funny you should post about coconut flour as I was hoping to visit a shop on the south coast again and buy some this week. I also use NUI cocnut oil for a moisturiser.

The Teacup AH! I am in love!
beautiful letter today. thanks.

bxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...